Dematerialisation of Shares
SEBI (Listing Obligations & Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 mandates that the transfer, except transmission and transposition, of securities are to be carried out in dematerialised form only with effect from April 1, 2019. In view of the numerous advantages offered by the Depository system as well as to avoid frauds, members holding shares in physical mode are advised to avail of the facility of dematerialisation from either of the depositories. Accordingly, any member desirous of transferring shares (which are held in physical form) can transfer only after the shares are dematerialised. The Company has, directly as well as through its Registrar & Share Transfer agent (RTA), ABS CONSULTANT PVT. LTD. , sends intimation to shareholders who are holding shares in physical form, advising them to get the shares dematerialised.
Shareholder(s) who want to hold shares in demat form should open a demat account with a depository participant (DP) registered with either NSDL or CDSL, and then surrender their share certificate(s) for dematerialisation to the company through the DP. List of DPs registered with NSDL and CDSL is available on their respective websites.
Steps involved in dematerialisation of shares:
- Shareholder fills out a Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF) and surrenders the defaced share certificate(s) alongwith the DRF to the DP
- The DP intimates the company of this request through the system of NSDL/CDSL
- The DP submits the share certificate(s) and the DRF to the company
- The company updates the Register of Members and then validates the request
- The Depository credits the DP’s account
- The DP updates the investor’s demat account and informs the shareholder
At present, no stamp duty has to be paid on transfer of shares in demat form.
Name and Address of Depositories
- National Securities Depository Ltd. Trade World, 4th Floor, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013 022-24972964 to 70 ; 022-24972993 / 24976351 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Depository Services (India) Ltd. Phiroze Jeejeebhoy Towers, 28th Floor, Dalal Street, Mumbai – 400 023; 022-22723333 / 22723224 022-22723199 email@example.com
ISIN for Assam Entrade Limited equity shares